Find answers to all of your SunnyD questions!
- What is SunnyD?We’re glad you asked! SunnyD, or Sunny Delight, is a refreshing fruit-flavored beverage that is 100% Vitamin C fortified. We offer a variety of delicious flavors that are a great drink for any time of the day and all year long! One serving (8oz) of SunnyD provides 100% of the daily value of Vitamin C to help maintain healthy gums and teeth. One serving (8oz) of SunnyD also provides 15% of the daily value of Vitamin B1 to help convert food to energy.
- Has the shape of the SunnyD gallon bottle changed?Yes! It’s the exact same great tasting SunnyD in a new square bottle that’s easier to pour and easier to store in your refrigerator. It’s also more environmentally friendly because it requires less material and less energy to produce.
- Does SunnyD use artificial sweeteners?Yes. SunnyD uses some artificial sweeteners as a way to reduce the amount of sugar and calories without compromising the great taste our consumers love and want from SunnyD. Any ingredient used in SunnyD has been thoroughly tested for safety, is approved for us by the FDA and will be listed in the ingredient statement on every SunnyD label.
- How many different varieties of SunnyD are there?Did you know that SunnyD comes in 18 sun-bursting flavors? From Tangy Original to tasty Mango to yummy Orange Pineapple! And every one has a full day’s supply of Vitamin C. Which is your favorite? For more information, visit our Flavors page.
- Do I need to refrigerate my SunnyD?Well, it depends on the variety. SunnyD comes in both refrigerated and shelf stable varieties. To be sure, please check the label for refrigeration information. We recommend you drink SunnyD before the “best used by” date stamped on the bottle.
- Can I freeze my SunnyD?You can freeze your SunnyD to make ice cubes or yummy SunnyD frozen treats. Freezing might affect the taste of your SunnyD after it’s thawed, so make sure to eat them frozen for the best tasting product. Also, you should not freeze SunnyD in the container it comes in. The product will expand and may cause the container to split or explode.
- Where can I find SunnyD? I can’t find SunnyD at my local store.Check your local grocer, drug store, or other large chain retail store to ask if they carry SunnyD and which flavors they carry. If you’d like to see your favorite SunnyD flavor on the shelf, mention your interest to the store manager.
- How can I get SunnyD for our schools?Schools nationwide provide SunnyD for lunch or snack stand sales. The SunnyD mix of great taste and Vitamins makes it a perfect drink for the hectic school day. Please call 1-800-395-5849 for more information about getting SunnyD into your school.
- What’s the difference between Tangy Original and Smooth & Sweet?Are you Tangy or Smooth? If you’re super flavorful, bold and strong then you’ll love the tangy, citrusy, bold flavor of SunnyD Tangy Original. If you’re refined, smooth and compatible then you’ll prefer the smooth, subtly sweeter citrus taste of SunnyD Smooth & Sweet (also known as Orange in our 12 oz cans, 16 oz bottle, 20 oz bottles, and 2-liter bottles).
- Where can I find the best used by date?Most varieties of SunnyD have the best used by date stamped near the neck of the bottle, on the shoulder, above the production code. If you have purchased SunnyD in cans, look for the stamp on the bottom of the container.
- Does SunnyD contain caffeine?Nope! None of the SunnyD products contain caffeine.
- Does SunnyD contain gluten?No way! There is no gluten in SunnyD products.
- How much Phosphorus is in SunnyD?SunnyD chilled flavors contain less than or equal to 90 mg per 8 oz serving.
- How much Potassium is in SunnyD?SunnyD chilled flavors don’t have an exact amount but will contain less than or equal to 35 mg per 8 oz serving.
- My SunnyD doesn’t taste right, smell right, or is leaking. Why?We are very sorry that you are not 100% satisfied with your SunnyD. There are a number of possible explanations: your bottle could have been exposed to high temperatures, damaged during shipping, or it may be beyond the “best used by” date. We don’t recommend drinking the product. For further information and assistance, please contact our customer relations department at 1-800-395-5849.